UIC is delighted to partner with Huawei and IRITS Events for the 5th International Railway Summit, taking place at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur on 15-17 November 2017.
International Railway Summit is a meeting of the world’s key rail sector leaders and technical experts. The event features:
- A full conference programme delivered by thought leaders
- Pre-arranged one-to-one meetings with technical experts
- High-level networking over coffee, lunches, dinners and a site visit
The conference programme of the 5th International Railway Summit brings together a wide range of key topics under the theme “Social and Economic Sustainability for Rail Transport”.
UIC’s Director General, Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, will join the summit via a video keynote presentation on “The Economics of High Speed Rail”. Two additional UIC colleagues, Marc Antoni, Director of Rail System, and Francis Bedel, Chief Digital Officer, will also speak at the summit.
Other key speakers include:
- Mohd Azharuddin Bin Mat Sah, CEO, Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD), Malaysia
- Mohd Nur Kamal, CEO, MyHSR, Malaysia
- Azmi Abdul Aziz, CEO, Prasarana, Malaysia
- Noormah Mohd Noor, CEO, Express Rail Link, Malaysia
- Yuan Xilin, President, Transportation Sector, Huawei Technologies, China
- Shahrin Bin Abdol Salam, SVP Plans & Development, SMRT, Singapore
- Tony Frazer, General Manager Operations, Australian Rail Track Corp.
- Philippe Lorand, Director Asia, French National Railways (SNCF)
- Michael Boback, Head of International Procurement Office Asia, German Railways (DB)
- Gareth Williams, Strategy Director & Company Secretary, Eurostar International
- Hiroshi Tanaka, Director, Railway International Standards Centre, Railway Technical Research Institute (RTRI), Japan
- Dwi Windarto, Transit-Oriented Development Director, KCIC, Indonesia
Rail sector leaders will debate on:
- The Economics of High Speed Rail
- Standardisation for Cross-border Transport
- Digital Railway Transformation
- Intermodal Passenger Transport
- Investment in Freight Corridors
- Urban Rail: Increasing Capacity
“Through its well-balanced agenda, the presentations of keynote speakers, which I was happy to be part of, the panel discussions and the bilateral contacts, the latest edition of IRS was certainly a particularly interesting event.”
Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Director General, UIC
“A well-organised event with excellent networking opportunities. A good mixture of conference programme and 1:1 sessions in superb surroundings."
Jan Grothe, Head of Procurement Principles & IT Systems, Deutsche Bahn
UIC members and email subscribers are eligible for a special discount. Book today to receive 26% off.*
Alternatively, you can contact the organisers at chandini.saikia at irits.org.
*Subject to conditions and availability.