A dedicated webinar, “Sustainable Development Challenges: Railways of Tomorrow”, will be held on 29 April from 12.00 to 15.00 CET by UIC Africa as part of the African Railway Thursdays, a series of bimonthly webinars focusing on the activities and projects of UIC and the UIC Africa Region.
- learn about the sustainable development policies implemented by global and regional institutions (United Nations, African Union, World Bank, African Development Bank, French Development Agency, etc.)
- exchange experiences and best practices applied on different continents
- discuss initiatives to strengthen the positioning of the railways as the best option for eco-mobility, particularly in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic,
- enable the rail system to better contribute to the achievement of the sustainable development goals by 2030 and benefit from innovative financing and low-carbon mobility mechanisms,
- capitalise on feedback on the challenges of sustainable development as the continent aims to connect African capitals via integrated continental high-speed train, one of 12 flagship projects selected by African Heads of State for Agenda 2063
The webinar will be held in English and French. For more information and to view the programme and register for the event, please visit https://uic.org/events/african-railway-thursdays-4th-webinar-sustainable-development-challenges
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
For further information, please contact Maria Lafont at: lafont at uic.org